Repairs & Services
Repairs and Services
Since establishing in 1946, Wiseman Gunmakers has evolved from a small stocking shop in the heart of the Birmingham Guntrade to a master gunsmith house capable of repairing, modifying and restoring shotguns, rifles and antique pistols to the highest standard.
The company offers high quality services for affordable prices.
Please click on each section to discover more information about the services we provide.
Gun fitting services by John Wiseman.
Please book in advance.
- Hand position
- The length and pitch of the gunstock
- Cast / Bend
- Adjustable combs
The Wiseman family have been making Gunstocks for over a hundred years. We can make any kind of gun stock made to measure. We are one of the few gunmakers that offer this at an attainable price.
Our stock blanks are carefully picked for strength and figure from the finest sources.
A comprehensive knowledge of all types shotguns,rifles and pistols. No challenge too big or small. We offer a whilst you wait service on some repairs.
- End of Season Servicing And General Repairs
- Barrel Replacement / Sleeving / Strip & Relaying
- Dent Raising and Fine Boring /Choke Alterations
- Re-jointing / Tightening Action Work
- Correcting/ Regulating Ejector Work
Brian Wiseman is a master gun engraver with over 50 years of experience.
Services include :
- Complete bespoke shotgun / rifle engraving
- Engraving Pick up
- Gold Inlay numbers
- Oval Engraving
- Engraving Knifes and Accessories
At Wisemans we offer a complete spectrum of
in-house blacking, browning and blueing services for steel barrels and furniture.
Customer can choose from:
- Traditional Rust Blacking
- Traditional Rust Browning
- Dip Blueing
We love nothing more than restoring guns to their former glory.
Our restoration services include:
- Barrel & Furniture Refinishing
- Re-Proofing / Jointing / Fine Boring
- Sleeving / Relaying / Dent Raising
- Colour Case Hardening
- Replacement Gunstocks and Repairs
We rejuvenate and upgrade existing gunstock finishes.
Our finishes don't just beautify your timber, they are a great preservative.
- Traditional Oil Finishes
- Laquer Finishes
- French Polish Finishes